View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin I respect your point of view here but I also think you are completely misinterpreting this rule.

Monopolies were definitely classic. Many of us lived through it for VP, ST, and VT key days. The monopolization in the disruption handbook had nothing to do with what we're talking about here.
Of course guilds had monopolies: on most servers there was one top guild in VP, ST, etc., and other guilds only gained access in subsequent expansions. On my server (Bristlebane) that guild was Club Fu.

But we're not talking about that, we're talking about camps, and those were not monopolized by guilds on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was more like taking an entire zone or large area for yourself. If you were camping a single mob and handing the camp off to guildmates, there was nothing wrong with that. It's how the game was always played.
The GM guidebook headline is literally "Contested Spawn Complaints" not "contested zone or large area complaints".

Quote:
If you petitioned a GM because you thought you were entitled to a camp someone else was killing at and wanted to pass to a guildmate they would tell you to kick dirt.
Again, we have the single opinion of someone who's literally been playing a re-creation that's existed longer than the original ... and we have the actual (original) book used by the GMs.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-28-2022 at 07:16 PM..