View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Large Rat

So this is an amazing show. Just got done rewatching the entire season for the 2nd time. The thought popped into my head the other day that blew my mind and is making me have to watch the entire season again. That thought is that Ford is actually the first host. Ford is Arnold's Bernard. His original creation and helper to help him design the park. I need to rewatch the entire season from this perspective but one of the first things that made me think of this was the bar scene with Ford and the man in black and Teddy. The man in black goes to cut open Teddy and Teddy grabs the knife and Ford didn't say anything as if he was able to control him through thought alone(aka he's hard wired into the system and is able to control all hosts or maybe almost all other hosts at will).

Ford views himself as their god and savior and says that Arnold didn't know how to save them but he does...because he's one of them. I think the host family he has saved is actually part of his back story and the kid you first see him encounter is actually a "memory" of himself as a child from his back story. I'm still not entirely sure yet but I'll try and put more pieces together if I can find any. Another really good reason why I think this is true is that it's an epic enough of a twist to keep the show very interesting for season 2 which everyone(including myself at one point) seems to think has nowhere to go from here.