Thread: New World
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks amazing to me.

It was a little Small on enemy contact like they had skeletons which instantly gives it an A+ as far as I’m concerned but they kind of over used as a skeletons.

I’m hoping they add more monsters and stuff to fight.
Yeah, the mob variety was pretty sparse in the early levels. Skeletons/zombies/wolves/bears/humans was pretty much all I saw. I heard there were some cool new enemy types in the higher level zones, but I didn't have the time to get above mid-20s in the 2 weeks. Considering the game was aiming to be a PvP sandbox with no PvE content like a year ago, and what we see now, I have no doubt they'll improve on mob variety as time goes on. I mean, it's also Amazon. A game studio with infinite money to pull from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk
I think the world map will be 75% larger in the release, the way they have the HUB town system set up is setup to be like Shadowbane/EVE/Planetside in the sense of a mass scale PVP with a PVE/Economy that fuels the PVP/Landgrab/Tax.
I'm not sure how big the release map will be, but in the beta I spent the majority of my time in like 2 of the areas (Windsward (sp?) and Everfall) with a few quests bringing me out to other areas temporarily. In beta, there was more than 10 accessible areas I think?

The territory control concept was neat, with serverwide buffs for your chosen faction based on which areas your team controlled. I didn't get a chance to do any of the 50 vs 50 battles for city control since I was low level, but I look forward to giving that a shot at launch.