View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of great suggestions from Tunabros. Many of these are repeated for emphasis.

These are the first two items I would get:

Ring of Stealthy Travel and Pegasus Cloak. Reducing the amount of spells you need to put on bar is huge for a Shaman, because we have less spell bar room than other classes. I love the Ring of Stealthy Travel for getting around without having to have Invis on my spell bar. Honestly those may be the first things you aim for, as they make your life much easier, and allow you to have other important spells on your hotbar instead at all times.

After those two items, this would be my top list of items to get next that won't be too difficult and can be mostly soloed. It will just be time consuming:

1. Coldain Ring 9. This is probably the best GCD item you can get outside of Coldain Ring 10. This will allow you to wear both of your earrings. If you can only solo, you may just want to settle for Ring 8, since Shamans cannot solo all of the heads for Ring 9.

2. 6+ Talisman from Ayillish. Depending on your skill you could probably solo it if you can get the timer and pull it to the shoreline.

3. Fungi Staff. This would be purchased. I still use it quite often whenever I need extra regen. When you are face tanking with Torpor you are going to be snared anyway, and this saves you mana and the time of swapping spells.

4. Shawl 7. You can do the whole quest solo at 60, including the items from Sirens Grotto. It does help if you duo with something like a 60 Druid for the Molkor Hide. This will take a long time if you haven't leveled any tradeskills. Hot tip: Do not level your Tailoring past 158, just do the Shawl 6 combine repeatedly until you succeed.

5. Lodizal Shield for your back item (resists). This would be purchased.

6. Make sure you have the best resist items you can get as swaps. Shaman's really don't have much in the way of spell interrupts. This would be purchased for the most part.

Everything else is only going to give marginal gains for the cost. Something like Spirit Wracked Cord is obviously a good item, but you are spending somewhere in the range of 200k for an extra 80ish HP compared to the other cheap Shaman arms. For most people getting 200k will probably take longer than all of the items I mentioned above combined, especially if you are not planning on raiding. I am not saying do not go for upgrades in other slots, but a little bit more HP/AC/Mana here and there won't turn around a fight going south in most cases.

Hammered Golden Loop is a good earring that you can solo. I am personally not a huge fan of them, due to the -15 AC per earring, but they are not too difficult to get if you are looking for an ear upgrade that won't fall off any time soon. Main issue is you still need to swap them out for resist gear, so you are only getting the HP some of the time.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-08-2021 at 07:03 PM..