View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been researching a bit, and yeah, I think I'll save up the 100k-ish for Vindi BP loot rights...crazy that it even gives a little regen. You're right, selling the fungi puts me halfway there.

Also digging some of the other items you listed, particularly the stealthy ring -- thanks again!
No problem. The other reason why I didn't mention Vindi BP initially is because of the cost/benefit analysis. IMO, for 100K you could basically get all of the items I listed previously, and overall they would probably benefit you more than the Vindi BP by itself for soloing. Don't get me wrong, Vindi BP is an amazing piece. But you still have plenty of lower cost items that you do not have yet, which have great utility. Unless you are really good at farming plat, it will take you a long time to get 100k multiple times, so if you blow your load on Vindi BP, you may end up lengthening your farming period by not having the other utility pieces.

EDIT: For example, The Lodi Shield will basically give you roughly the same important resists as the Vindi BP (+5CR + 5FR for a -5MR), and it is 1/4th of the price of Vindi BP. It will also give you +13 AC over your Heiro Cloak, so you are only 12-15 AC shy from the Vindi BP number (depending on how the -AGI from Fungi Tunic affects you). The Coldain Ring 9 will basically make up for the HP loss of the Heiro Cloak, and also give you the MR you would have gotten from Vindi BP. It will also allow you to wear another earring instead of the Shrunken Gob Earring, so your HP pool will easily be back to normal or higher, or you can use that slot for another resist earring when necessary. I would do a bit of stat comparisons between gear sets to see how it shakes out, but I am pretty sure you can get more stat gains and utility overall for 100k with other gear than with the Vindi BP by itself. But if you really want Vindi BP because it is cool, obviously go for it hehe. Fungi Tunic is still one of the better chest pieces a Shaman can wear at 60, so it isn't like you are hurting in the slot.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-12-2021 at 12:59 PM..