View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

The point of variance was not to prevent poopsocking, it was to prevent the need for GM interevention. The WINDOW of variance was increased* to reduce the chances that a guild would consider poopsocking. The guilds that chose to continue to poopsock did so because they wanted the raid mobs of which at the time there were only 6, one of which was worthless and one of which was quickly losing priority when sky opened.

Now that more raid mobs are available those same guilds still want the original 6 mobs and then some and currently RACE for them. There is no premobilizing unless it's the last few mobs in window. Recently, there has been very little GM intervention save one incident that I am aware of. Poopsocking was limited by the sheer number of mobs available in the game.

Furthermore, my "crazy FTE" situation is exactly what happened for months with Noble Dojorn, of which was a raid target with a known spawn time down to the second. How many times were the GMs petitioned during that timeframe between Divinity, IB, and DA? Anecdotal or not this is not a fallacy based on a hypothetical, this is historically accurate for Project 1999.

*I want to point out that an indirect result of the original window was that the variance was misunderstood and was then doubled to reflect the post by the GMs, so the increase was merely a correction to the original intended value which WOULD dissuade more from poopsocking