View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish we would stop saying certain classes cannot solo. Every single class in the game can solo to 45. Some better than others, some faster, some slower. Grouping is the way to play this game, I suggest only solo play if you can’t find/make a group.
I think "can't solo" is just short-hand for "well you can solo with this class, but it will take FOREVER without twinking, much longer than grouping." So while the latter might be more accurate, the former is easier and shorter to writ in a forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you play your sham properly there is 0 downtime unless you take a break
I have to disagree. I mean once you get 60 and Torpor, of course, and if you have a Fungi as you level up then you'll probably not have that much downtime ... but either way you're going to have some.

DoTs kill at speed X, but the mana you need to recast them comes back at speed 2X (or whatever factor; probably more but I'm too lazy to math). Similarly, whatever melee damage you and your pet do, the mob is going to do X damage to you in 10 seconds, and the mana to heal that X damage is going to take longer than 10 seconds to get back.

So maybe you played your Shaman differently than I did (a mix of root/rotting, pet tanking, and face tanking), but I just don't see how a Shaman, especially an untwinked one, can avoid downtime entirely from 1 to 60.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-24-2018 at 04:52 PM..