View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

All the trans people that I've met have been deeply mentally disturbed. The friend that introduced me to EQ was no different. Part of his mental dysfunction involved being a habitual liar and manipulator. He tried to be everyone's best friend and re-crafted himself for each individual. The longer we remained friends the more obvious it became.

I actually felt really bad about the way our friendship fell away, despite not missing the friend. It all came about very shortly after he announced that he was now a she, and I'm afraid that she still thinks that it had anything to do with the transition or announcement.

We have a higher prevalence then the general population, yeah. I think it's largely due to repressing your identity due to fear / etc leads to all sorta of neurotic problems, but it's mostly anxiety and depression. Hormones vastly improved my anxiety and depression symptoms, and I might not have social anxiety at all anymore now. I think part of our problem might be that a lack of the sex hormone we identity as actually causes physiological problems that get worse longer one goes without treatment. I've seen some research to that effect. I think the younger transitioners are gonna be pretty close to the gen pop re: crazy, but my generation (myself included) and older are batshit from fear of society etc. I'm pretty stable and happy now though!

Pretty high rate of Autism, too, in our pop. Think Autism might be a very similar, if not the same, to the roots of gender identity issues.

chomps hormone pill
Last edited by Cecily; 07-07-2019 at 05:44 PM..