View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

I soloed a Paladin to 54. You can do this with banded and a baton of faith. At 45 you can heal with the Deepwater Helm (casts Daring). A monk or warrior will kill faster and with the right gear with less downtime but if you can’t kill something you don’t have the option of outlasting the enemy with spell tricks.

SK’s are nice soloers and definitely can travel with less problems (invis and feign death) but standing toe to toe and life tapping isn’t as efficient as the pally version. Then again, fear kiting with a pet is a great benefit to the class. Also the darling races all have 20% (ogre) 40% (iksar and troll) exp penalties.

One thing to remember is EQ is exceptionally hard in that the NPC’s quickly outscale the players in hit points and dps. Any melee with a healer duo should be able to grind exp but even at 60 I wouldn’t assume you can waltz in and smash dragons. In grind groups I find the pally to be very fun and even with marginal gear you can hold aggro like a champ. Plus the first time you Lay on Hands and save a team member you will feel the warm fuzzies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-21-2018 at 09:13 AM..