View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thoughts?
My main thought is the details matter a lot. The current "wiki system" divides everything up into 7 "eras". It's easy enough to add one or two new eras, but if we're talking about monthly patches that won't be nearly enough.

We could ditch the concept of eras and instead go by patch number or date or something ... but that'd be a massive overhaul to the wiki. I mean it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that most pages in the wiki would need updating if we went that route.

So the lazy/realistic part of me is heavily leaning towards trying to find an "era-based" solution, and maybe the wiki doesn't have to be perfectly "aligned" with the release schedule to be useful.

But on the other hand, if the system isn't useful, it doesn't matter how easy it is, it's a waste of time. So it all boils down to "can we make the existing era approach work or not? (please let's hope we can)" ... but I don't know the answer.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.