View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 02:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by kiting, but if you are charming a mob and not paying attention, then go AFK for a moment, chances are you will be at your bind point when you return.
Sorry I meant playing as a bard in outdoor zones. There was definitely no way I could go afk until I finished my kiting.

Quote:
You mention charming a mob and letting a group of mobs almost kill, then breaking charm to finish it off. Yes, that is one of the best ways to go about things on an enchanter. But, even if you have everything rooted nicely with PE, odds are that once you leave your chair, something bad will happen to you. Such is enchantering. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fun class, but not an AFK class. If idle and a DE, you can always use Hide, and con a mob to check to see if Hide worked. You just don't want to mess around with leaving a charmed pet alone for any period of time.
I see in my initial post I put down going afk for a minute. But actually what I was more interested in is if I can have enough time to camp or gate in the middle of a fight. So in case the doorbell rings, wife calls, etc.. I can leave the game without dying every time (which would have been the case back in the day with the bard).

p.s. I was planning on playing the DE enchanter (or a gnome necro)