View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Large Bat

You probably have a very high framerate, and that's why the mouse is so slow to turn horizontally. Mine is capped at 60 in the settings menu and it turns well enough. Turns better at 30 but I can't stand 30 fps.

As for looking around, press F9 to check out the other camera modes. You can spin around in those modes, but they are pretty awkward to actually play in.

Also, another thing to note. The game does not scale the field of view horizontally. Meaning that since the game was designed for 4:3 resolutions, if you're using 16:9 like 1080p or 1440p, the game will feel super zoomed in, especially in first person.

The solution to this is the /viewport command if you're good with that. I have a 2560x1440 screen, and I have 2 hotkeys made up. One is "/viewport 0 0 2560 1440" which is the default viewport. Could probably use /viewport reset just as well. The other is "/viewport 300 0 1920 1440". That one makes the game screen thinner, adding black bars to the sides. There is no loss in what I can see on the left and right sides of the screen but I can see more vertically and things just look better. The black bars are a bit of an eyesore though. Maybe do something with your interface is make use of it?