View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like AC as a stat in general. Rogues can get tanky enough for group content, especially if you're being healed by a Torp Shaman instead of a Cleric.
If you are being healed by a Torpor Shaman, you are probably tanking something the Shaman could tank themselves, and Shamans have lower defense skills than a Rogue. Anything that can be Torpor/Slow tanked is tankable by basically any class, probably even tankable by cloth casters. Enchanters have Rune, Wizards have a Rune equivalent, Necros have lifetaps and can FD if they get too low. Mages would probably be the squishiest, but with damage shield/water pet, the fight would go a bit faster at least.

This means that is not really a good metric for how well Rogues can tank. That being said, Rogues do get two defensive discs, and have good defense skills, as you say. So they will indeed tank better than Shamans or cloth casters. Unfortunately it isn't really good enough to justify them tanking over DPSing. While I haven't tested it myself, I doubt a Rogues discs could open the possibility of tanking something that other classes couldn't tank while a Torpor Shaman is healing/slowing. Anything that is out-DPSing Shaman Slow and Torpor is going to need a proper tank.