View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not making this complex. GM's simply do not want to handle every single dispute lol. If there are 3 random people in line, and one person disagrees with the roll, the only way to resolve it via a GM is the other two people must agree to take screenshots and send them out. Then you have to wait for a GM, who may not come. Because all three people in line don't know each other, who is to say one of them won't doctor their screenshot to make it look like they are first?

That is honestly way more messy and complex than just having the camp owner decide lol. You are asking the GM's to handle every single dispute simply because you want to avoid the possibility of favoritism between the camp owner and the people in line. Honestly there are no rules against that favoritism, as the only player who matters at the camp is the one camping the mob. Everybody else is just spectating or hanging out as far as the rules are concerned. Yes, people do have gentleman's agreements via lines (especially at long camps like Stormfeather), but as far as I know they are not actually enforceable. The only exception to this rule is the /list camps on Green.
And if there are three people in line right now the exact same thing can happen. The point is, people will generally follow the rules, whatever they are (random or monopoly), and the staff will only come out in the rare cases when someone isn't following the rules.

But you also have to remember this is super rare: people don't monopolize 99% of the camps on P99.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.