View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each class has strengths and weaknesses. People generally consider Shamans/Enchanters to be the best overall classes because not only are they great additions to group/raid content, but they are also able to solo difficult mobs no other class can.

Shamans are better than Enchanters when fighting mobs in areas where you can slow, but you don't have a lot of good options for charmed pets. That is why West Waste Dragons are do-able by Shamans, and not Enchanters. Necromancers can do one or two of the Dragons that are fearable, but they are much more limited than Shamans, and I think those Dragons are on the lower end in terms of what loot they drop.

Enchanters are better than Shamans when fighting mobs that cannot be slowed, but there are great charm options to pit mob against mob. They are also superior when it comes to camps that require a lot of CC. While Necromancers do have good charm capabilities, they are extremely limited by the undead requirement.

Necromancers are a great all around class, I agree. But unfortunately most of the tougher solo challenge mobs that drop good items are not undead, so Necromancers in general can not kill solo challenge mobs that Shamans/Enchanters could.

I am not saying Necromancers are bad at all. They are certainly one of the more powerful classes in the game. But because they are so well rounded, they are not quite up to some of the challenges that Enchanters or Shamans are capable of doing. And yes I do agree that Necromancers have a much lower barrier to entry from a money perspective, but if you play long enough all classes can amass enough plat to pay for anything they need.
true but as a shaman you will need specific items in order to pull off some crazy shit

they are somewhat the most gear dependent caster-type class in the game