View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm with Loramin. I think the staff will implement some kind of rule change that will prevent 'locking down' of camps and just and endless cycle of them passing it to their friends.
I hope the staff encourage fair play for guise, but I don't expect it or require it. I just want a fresh EQ classic server.

Anyway, under the presumption that any solid static camp is going to be poopsocked and you don't want to deal with that you're not left with much choice. Things like bone chips, HQ bear pelts and lightstones will be some of the better ways to make money unless you're logging on at 3 am to find a camp. As for what you should play.. well, if you want to play the game for a fresh server I don't see why you'd make a character dedicated to farming as your first, but if you aren't intending to poopsock Lguk then necro will be inferior to mage. Especially due to them needing to raise their research to get lich/pets on 3 separate occasions I believe, most irritatingly for their 49 spells which are primarily off of raid targets.

Mages however require extremely little gear and can purchase pretty much anything they need from vendors. The downside being that they are less fun to play than drinking bleach and that you'll never get your epic which is far more important than all the other epics, so they are kind of a waste to bother with unless you're some uberguild officer.

I don't see any reason to believe enchanters won't be OPAF as usual. There's several great CHA items in classic, a few solid HP items for sustain and they can do a few valuable quests such as the Stein of Moggok which is pretty damn amazing in classic. On top of that people will actually want you for groups. I mean.. once you get clarity. At 29. Until then lube up and try to relax.