View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

So for 2021 the EQFC (EverQuest Fighting Championship) is going to be moving in a new direction. Although we will still host NPC vs NPC battles and Player vs NPC battles (such as our flagship Kerafyrm event on Dec 25th, 2020) we are going to primarily focus on Best of the Best tournaments (Players versus Players, aka PvP) from the Classic/Kunark/Velious era on a live playable server. The server will be locked down to a single zone (The Arena) off the coast of Lake Rathe. Special titles will be awarded to those who are victorious in combat. We will hold Free For All, Class vs Class, Race vs Race and Team vs Team events.

You'll start the game at lvl 60 using any race/class combo you desire from the Classic/Kunark/Velious era, including instant max skills and spells. There will be 1 NPC in the zone, a Genie, who you will ask for any items you desire from our curated list of PvP eligible BiS (Best in Slot) gear. No items beyond Velious will be available.

The reason I'm making this post is because I want to know what you would like to see added (or removed) from the list of BiS PvP gear. It's a long list, but it's necessary to discuss before these events go live. Please keep in mind I have purposely left out overpowered items such as Manastone, Circlet of Shadow, Pumice Stones, etc because they create unbalanced and unfair PvP scenarios (in my opinion) but I am open to discussion on any and all items. I played my first 2 years of EverQuest on the Tallon Zek (PvP Teams) server, so I feel I have a good idea of what is expected on a high end PvP server, but I know there will be other's out there who disagree or have more insight on things I am not considering. Here's the list of included items:

All Primal Weapons and items from Sleeper's Tomb

All items from Temple of Veeshan (ToV)

All Kael/Skyshrine/Mischief Armor Sets (including Custom Helms)

All Epics

The 10th Coldain Ring and the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl

All items and quest items from the following NPC's: Yelinak, The Avatar of War, King Tormax, Derakor the Vindicator, The Statue of Rallos Zek, Dain Frostreaver IV, Zlandicar, Velketor, Tunare and Cazic Thule

Misc items: Cloak of Confusion, Amulet of Necropotence, Rod of Infinite Thought, Shield of the Immaculate, Nature's Defender, Helm of the Tracker, Gloves of Earthcrafting, Symbol of Tunarian Worship, Warden Symbol of Tunare, Tanglewood Shield, Bioluminescent Orb, Drums of the Beast, Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt, Wavecrasher, Tantor's Tusk, Stronghorn's Horn, Spirit Wracked Cord, Vibrating Guantlets of Infuse, Journeyman's Boots, Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, Tranquil Staff, Guise of the Deceiver, Fungus Covered Great Staff (Post-Nerf), Fungi Tunic, Bag of the Tinkerer's, Fleeting Quiver, Kavruul's Mystic Pouch, Treasure Hunter's Satchel, Box of Abu-Kar, Darkwood Trunk, Driftwood Treasure Chest, Bracer of Hammerfal, Class 6 Steel Silver Tip Arrow, Antonian Javelin

Let the debate begin!