View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are somewhat right. I am hoping though, if he can land a decent paying job he will start acting like an adult and less like a kid. He is a hard worker, but doesn’t seem to or doesn’t want to push himself to higher positions.
Yeah, sorry, I was being mean. I woke up seriously chuffed this morning. You didn't deserve it.

I wan't your friend to find a nice job too.

Stuff that requires minimal certification can lead to a fairly decent wage. I have a cousin who drives forklifts for ~$16 an hour and people who say go do the training for USPS and fill that application out over an over while working a service industry job. Or go right into UPS.

Also a lot of work at home customer support.

I feel like if someone needs a better job than min-wage-basic income, working those terrible jobs while persuing a better career is the way to go. You have to keep your eye on the prize and not sit there going 'oh working the CS counter at macy's is my life' those are positions to work for while ya get your comptia++ oracledb cert etc...

working tele-comm from home answering peoples calls about products online is huge if you could do that for cable or something you don't even have to spend money on a car, need a small tiny clean office area in your room you can screen off and have a little quiett and a decent internet connection

--- if he wants to work in an office, while he does simpler jobs he can work on accounting certifications and stuff and then he can hang out in an office doing the books for businesses

*note some of this stuff requires planning and moving to the locations with the big firm who does all the outsourced accounting, may include learning mandarin at some point

Also,

WELDING.

man if he's got talent for it like I did and he has the chops to stick with it... it's a never ending lead to more and more jobs of everykind
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-20-2020 at 11:44 AM..