Thread: Game Mechanics: Archery Diagnosed!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not believe you have read any of the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK tested Damage this morning and it proved my theory wrong, Damage between BFG in primary versus ranged was identical.

Kudos

Therefore that it is not the issue in terms of explaining why archery damage is so abysmal.

It is however apparent that it is throttled.

As an example the Min, Average and Max hit for 23 damage (BFG + Summoned Arrows) on a green con paineel guard was 2, 31.14, and 52 respectively.

This does not include the 42 damage bonus from delay.

But the damage bonus for a melee swing is 11 at 60. It's only 42 if you have a 49 delay 2h equipped and use it as a bow.

So essentially, not only is Archery damage "nerfed" on P99 since double damage, NOR trueshot affect our bonus (which technically doesnt exist unless we bug it with a slow primary 2 hander), but the base archery damage itself is severly throttled for reasons, I cannot seem to diagnose.

As the state of the server stands right now. IF I had someone anchor (non rooted, tanked) that same greeen con paineel guard, using the War Bow of Rallos Zek, I would of done 19,834 damage with 140 shots over the course of 319 seconds, for around 62.2 DPS. That is rather embarassing for a BIS bow, average raid geared ranger. And I am fairly certain the performance on live was far superior.

AOW bow is not BiS. It isnt the best dps, has an aggro proc, and isnt even 200 range

Rangers, literally face a worst case scenario right now in terms of DPS on P99. We face a slew of artificially rooted raid encounters, in addition to throttled archery base damage, AND bugged bonus damage which is not factored into double damage or trueshot.

Assuming you have a good bow kit or BFG, not everyone does. I do...and agree, unroot dragons.

While we should be able to decently compete in a non trueshot fashion with bow DPS, we should also be a viable "delete" option with trueshot that just isnt happening.

Non disc dps wasnt a thing until AA's. I remember it from live. No rangers were plunking lol. I do on p99 now on certain fights like Zlexak. It's easier, about the same dps, and I can hit one button over and over instead of running in/out every 8 seconds.

On short fights on p99 with the BFG it keeps up with nearly BiS monk and rogue weapons. BoW dps is really good too.

As mentioned, great if you can get this thing changed. I dont think it's broken. BOW dps was crap during velious. If it was even a bit better (off disc) than melee we would have seen more people plunking.

I wish I could go back in time and confirm my recollections. Plus tell my former self all sorts of stuff to gamble on to completely change the future.
Last edited by Snaggles; 02-23-2023 at 07:23 PM..