View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasterol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....

Funnily enough, when I was pretty convinced Furoar was cheating, I looked in to it. I sync'd up one of his runs that he completely smoked everybody else is on one monitor for a start time reference, and basically ghost moded his runs. What I found was that his runs were very beatable, and that I could reliably beat that particular run 90% of the time.

But that didn't answer the question as to why, when he was running through the courtyard into where Vindi spawns, it seemed as though he was going MUCH faster than everyone else. Like 1.5x faster than everyone else briefly. I didn't get an answer to that, but I eventually think I found one. It's because of the servers tic rate, and it's ability to update exactly where a player is. What happened was he was a lot further ahead than it looked like from our side, and him speeding up was a result of the server catching up.

This was further proven a few months ago when Lenard starting winning races. The same thing happened, and a lot of people were up in arms about it. I immediately defended Lennard as i've already been down this route. And come to find out, what he did was a very nifty illusion switch to gain a couple steps around pillars. And the same thing happened. It looked like he started moving way faster than everyone else. And I immediately made sure to make my point about this as soon as people were up in arms about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?
Riptoes and Furoar are definitely not a 1:1 comparison. Yes, the implication of a guild leader doing this is much worse than Riptoes, who was a fairly new raider on the server. However, in my opinion, Riptoes doing that was pretty in character with who he was as a p99 player. Furoar was a former raid leader/#1 play maker with riot for over a year. I don't think Fur had a reputation as a guy who trains. It seems to me like this was a situation that has been brewing for years at that point. And it finally boiled over. Another big difference is Furoar has a whole guild who knows that he fucked up but still has his back. Barely anybody knew who Riptoes even was. I legit heard of the guy like a few days before he did that shit, and from what I met, I didn't like.

But at the end of the day, we all know my 4%RA ass is in here doing mental gymnastics because muh pixels.

Idk guys. I'm pretty critical of my friends/guild members. It's almost my schtick. Ask Venice, i made the poor guy quit dota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] because i was so mean about how fuckin bad he was. I'm well aware how easy my point of view will be dismissed because of my affiliation, but I really do try to look at things from both sides.

I was REALLY surprised Fur did that shit. For real. I don't think that's really like him. That's my dawg, but i've been so busy I haven't even spoken a word to him about it. My opinion of this is brought directly to RNF for all of your enjoyment.