View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

This has happened to me a couple of times, but not just in EJ.

One thing that I theorize may have stopped it (I at least haven't seen it happen to me in a couple of weeks) was, if you have more than one monitor, making sure that no portion of your EQ window is sticking out into the other monitor. I was having the same issue of logging in, going to move, and the second I move it would freeze. It happened over and over and I was like wtf (and I've experienced it on different chars in different zones). I noticed that a small sliver of the EQ window was on my second monitor (I had the window positioned at the edge of my first monitor so I could have something else up on part of that monitor). When I made sure the whole window was on my main monitor the freezing stopped.

I still have occasional reset device failed crashes like once every other week or so, but that problem of literally not being able to move a step before the game froze hasn't happened since I made sure my window wasn't accidentally on the other monitor to any extent. Could be anecdotal and irrelevant too, but just sharing my experience.
Last edited by cd288; 09-26-2022 at 01:48 PM..