View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default Inaugural Open Vox Raid 9/5 @ 6 AM Server Time

Dear nerds,

Thanks to the efforts of many, an accord has been struck. Open Vox and open Naggys will be taking place every month.

This is (hopefully) the first of many classic dragons which we, as a server, will lynch together as a community and friendship building exercise.

I am proud to see the support come in from all sides. This opportunity has been made possible by guild leaders and casual scum alike. Thank you for participating in the previous threads and helping to get this ball rolling.

This raid will be led by the venerable Cloki, leader of Omni Guild.

See details below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Raid start at 6:00 a.m. US eastern.

If you want to participate and don't have a toon of the right level, higher-level toons are welcome to come in support.

This is going to be the first one, so it will be much like the pilot episode of a TV series. Kinks to work out, roles to define, etc., so I'll pre-ask for patience and for everyone to follow instructions.

And tho these dragons can be killed with low numbers, they're no joke, either - lots that can go wrong including floor traps, aggroing more giants than we need, Vox casting a successful Complete Heal, etc.

Should probably make a new thread about it.

For those of you participating, this fight is about two things:

1. Not getting feared. That means that you should have MR in every slot that you can have it in. No amount of MR is too much MR for this fight. If you're perma-feared, you're more of a liability than an asset.

Jewelers can make MR bracelets, neck, and rings. That's kind of a baseline minimum so see if you can find those. Also see if you can get a "Greater Null" potion from a shaman. That's great additional MR.

2. Vox tries to complete heal. And there's really no reason to have to kill her several times (effectively) until she's OOM.

The way we counter her healing is to push from the SAME SIDE with fast weapons (no 2h weaps on Vox, please) to interrupt her casts. I'll explain this more day-of, but it's a thing. A key to victory.