Thread: PvP 2.0 ruleset
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation PvP 2.0 ruleset

The idea for green server rolling into blue and resetting was a genius idea. This reset idea could be used for the new pvp server, too. New servers and fresh starts get people excited to nerd out in EQ again. Having the server merge into red at the end date and start over again would be fine, but every x many years we really do need a brand new pvp server.

Some people have been talking about level-locked progression. As a super casual player, that sounds fantastic. I'm all for this idea, but wonder how it would work for the expansions. Kunark you could start the level locks again every 1-2 levels, but then what for Velious??

I like the idea of resetting the server right after the Sleeper is awoken and goes on the fun rampage. Could create some interesting pvp or guild politics if the stakes are that high, and it gives the players some control over their own destiny.

If we do get teams I hope the devs ensure they make some sense within roleplay context. Maybe do 2 teams SZ style, with neutral chars being able to go either good or evil. And let human, erudite, and gnome necros and SKs worship sol ro, if such a thing is possible.. That would give both teams every class.