View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I didn't get a goblin Gazughi ring til about lvl 50 and did it without any difficulty and in a small amount of time.
But it seems pretty clear OP isn't that high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 ) - If you dont want to gather all the mobs up. Just stand at the spawn location and wait til it paths back to around its spawn point. Kill all the random ones that spawn in the area til you see one spawn on that one specific loc.
I'm honestly not even certain they all do path back, but even if they do it takes so long that it's much faster to just run around and kill all of the appropriate mobs.

Quote:
3 ) After 108+ sarnak couriers later i did not have a ring to drop (30 hours neckbearding it)
Wow, that sucks. I've hard varying luck over the years, but when I did it the other night it was Sarnak Courier #4 who dropped my ring (after maybe 4-5 hours). The RNG is a bitch.

(Don't get jealous BTW; before that I spent 25+ hours on a camp for my Druid's epic that should have only taken an hour or two. Again, the RNG is a bitch).

Quote:
4 ) - Time could be better spent leveling without it if youre below 40
5 ) - Time could be spent better farming other shit to just buy the ring.
Well, as I said, it's not that simple. OP just got Breeze, so let's say he's 16. Farming stuff at 16 will probably take forever, so let's say he levels up to 24 and starts farming (say) Shiny Brass Idols.
He'll need about 9 to make enough plat to buy the ring. To farm that many Shiny Brass Idols will take, I dunno, maybe 3 hours each? So 27 hours (maybe round up to 30 to account for EC Tunnel time).

By doing that, OP will have the ring from 24 to 50. That is going to save him a lot of XPing time. Will it be 30 hours worth? I'm not sure: does the ring save you about an hour a level on average?

And of course they could also just get to a level to where they could farm the ring, but who knows how long that would take? What I do know is, it's hardly clear cut that the most efficient plan is to wait until 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive spent at least 20 hours trying to get a ring (using the double PH system) and have seen a few couriers, but no ring at all yet.
This is the real kicker. Because the RNG is (as I said), "a bitch", the camp could take anywhere from 2 to 200 hours just based on your luck. That makes it extremely difficult to decide whether its worth spending the time to farm yourself, because no on can predict the RNG.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-06-2018 at 03:59 PM..