View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you played a high level necro at spore king? I have. Next time I’m there I’ll fetch parses. Those mobs live long enough that dots (several of which have big negative resist mods on them) are viable — unless you’ve got velious raid geared melee slumming in a kunark dungeon they are woefully overgeared for or have a haste quadding enchanter pet. 70+ combined dps would not be a challenge there.
So we agree. A trio (or a very bad full group) gives necros time to use the lure dots and hit 70 dps, which is Kunark monk level. In a solid full group, it's touch of night and 60 dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx
trying to use your velious raid geared monk as some baseline/metric to determine who is “bottom sustained dps” is amusing and not really relevant for 99.9% of the game.
Judging by your signature, you spend most of your EQ time leveling in Kunark dungeons with Coldain level gear. That's of course your choice, but personally I have always preferred to spend my time doing the more available high level content with low numbers. I'm not going to leave my Monk AFK in the EC tunnel because of your sense of propriety. Also, it really isn't that hard to farm up the money to buy a ST key and 2H primal from Aftermath (perhaps they will be looking to build more guild funds with Bellringer in town). Throw in a pair of Wu's Fists of Mastery and the Monk is leaving the Necro in the dust.
Last edited by Raev; 07-18-2018 at 11:02 AM..