View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While this is likely true, to me it comes down to this: some people are cool with cheating as long as they don't get caught ... but I'm of the opinion one doesn't need to cheat in a 20-year old elf sim even if you can get away with it.

And to be clear, I have some serious RSI issues (being a programmer/EQ addict will do that to you, plus I shattered my wrist back in high school being dumb). I would LOVE, LOVE to program something with my Steam controller (and I'm sure I could) to automate all the tradeskill clicks, because they are just so hard on my wrists.

But instead of cheating I put on a wrist brace and do them the same way as everyone else, because if I'm not willing to do that what am I doing playing here? I should be programming speed run bots or something instead.
I'm in agreement with you as far as my personal play style, but I've met more than a few people over the years that love EQ AND love finding all kinds of game-breaking exploits, short cuts, etc. to "beat" the game.

It isn't my cup of tea, but I don't think there is any shortage of folks who genuinely have fun playing "classic" EQ by looking for all kinds of ways to get around its quirky demands.