View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

On a Shadow Knight I recommend gearing for dex on an as-needed basis, especially if you're usually with a Shaman which brings its own powerful DEX buffs. Many of the go-to Shadow Knight weapons have no specials at all, Noc blade, Reaver, Massive Dragonclaw Shard, Ebon Mace, etc. Even those which do don't necessarily warrant striving for maximum dexterity.

--With Soul Binder (or the Zealot's sword), specifically, you don't want TOO much dexterity because additional procs while the effect is running will reset the effect to its minimum tick. Hence quick strings of back to back procs go largely wasted. The Shaman's dexterity buff plus whatever you normally have should suffice for that weapon.

--The effect from Narandi's Lance lasts so long that dexterity doesn't help all that much aside from getting it on a little sooner. Once it's going just about any amount of DEX should suffice to keep it going.

--My experience using Innoruuk's Curse is that ~200 dexterity suffices and going to 255 isn't all that much better; mostly it means refreshing it with maybe 2-3 ticks left instead of 0-1. Better, just not a lot. Because of that I don't always double-stack the wife's DEX buffs if I need buff space for something else. This would be even more pronounced with Greenmist since that weapon's effect lasts even longer.

--If you use the skinning knife, most the time you'll proc it against green /con trash and stock up that way. Low dexterity here just means you take a little longer.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-20-2020 at 08:17 PM..