View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't true, that analogy doesn't work, and it's "sank"...as in, EQNext sank in an ocean of tears. And now the realization sinks in. If you hadn't sunk so much money into Vanguard, you might be less pessimistic about Pantheon now.
Spent $100 for a preorder, played the first month, then unsubscribed, so barely anything. Or if you count me trying it out months later when I had all access SoE account, but that lasted about a day or two before I uninstalled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as pantheon goes, I am not sure why they are working as if time isn't a factor. Your target audience is slowly aging/dying and the technology is dated.

At this point, I don't think crowd funded games can work. Star Citizen has raised like a quarter of a billion and somehow still needs to sell off some of their equity?

These devs have no one to answer to and people will continue to donate so expect plenty more release date extensions.
Bingo. On top of this, the MMO genre has been on a steady decline since 2010. Unless you're a major franchise or well renowned developer, your chances are dead in the water.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 05-27-2020 at 08:59 PM..