View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Custom Content for Blue

So apparently the forensic re-creation era of the server is over, and we’re ready for Green, and there’s new talk of custom content for Blue. Green sounds fun and I think I’ll play, but I think some really interesting new content could get put together.

How would new Blue content work? I know it will be in the style/spirit of ‘99-‘01 EQ, but beyond that what are we talking about? New quests in old zones? Creating or recreating the quests that were never fully implemented? Use proper classic mechanics to create a unique raid target?

I’d love to see some new areas. The Titanium client has a gazillion zones, I figure the team could edit the zone lines and zone connections to create new geography. The world graphics wouldn’t be in line with original EQ, but if you count Stonebrunt as classic then there are a bunch of zones with that level of graphics.

Has this ever really come up? I’ve thought about it for most of the last 10 years, when Kunark/Velious were still pipe dreams and there was this vague idea of future custom content. Is the future here?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.