View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Remember the "Discord" server? EQ's PvP Permadeath server?

Just wondering if anyone played on EQ's PvP permadeath server called "Discord" back in Dec 2003 when it started up. It didn't last very long, but I enjoyed it for about a week. It was Original EQ only, and only to level 50. Basically if you died at any point (level 1 through 50) your character would get reset and wiped, and your bank emptied - and you'd end up back in your newbie zone at level 1 with nothing but newbie gear.

I remember starting up an Ogre SK, and leveling up a few times to level 8 or 10, and then dying a few times. I got pretty tired of this, and ended up stopping. I didn't know anyone to play with to stay alive. Definitely NOT a solo friendly server. Bring friends and make a balanced group and you probably did pretty good.

And of course at level 6 you'd get PvP enabled, so that made it much more interesting! I believe it was Racial PvP... so it was pretty much Evil Races vs Good Races. Can't remember this detail too well... I never ended up leaving the Feerot anyways. I do remember that if someone did kill you after level 6, they could FULL loot your body.

So did anyone else have an experience with this server? Did you make it beyond level 10 or so? If you did play, what was your worst experience (die at level 49!)?

Just curious!
Last edited by FatMagic; 06-09-2010 at 11:50 AM..