View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Crushev, I have a question that maybe you can help me troubleshoot.

I have used your Installer once on my desktop and everything went perfectly. So today I decided to use it on my laptop. I installed and had an issue pop up, so I removed everything and started with a fresh install of Titanium. Went through the EQEmu steps and the Getting Started guide. Logged in to confirm that everything worked.. it did. Then I decided to use your installer to change the screens and use your UI. Well, now I get the same error message as before the reinstall. This is the message:

-----------------------------------------
Everquest: Windows - Application Error

The instruction at 0x10001c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program.
----------------------------------------

Any clue what I could look into to correct this? I am not very tech savy, but can follow instructions well enough. Let me know what [if any] info I could provide that might make this easier. If its too much trouble I can just start the whole process over again.

Thanks for all your work, I enjoyed the Installer and had not run into any problems in the past. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there -

I think I'm going to try this installer - thanks to the folks who donated their time.

I was having this problem (not using this installer) yesterday. Basically, the video settings in the eqclient.ini were not getting edited correctly when I set the correct wide screen resolution in the GUI. This error came up right after I put in my account/password and it would have gotten to the character select.

I suspected video 3D rendering/resolution problems (have seen this type of behavior before in other programs at work so thought to take a look at the resolution settings in the INI). I went into the eqclient.ini and edited it to reflect the resolution of my machine (both windowed and non-windowed values). After I did that - problem went away.

Very similar setup to yours - EQemu/P1999 install on a wide-screen laptop. Win7 64-bit, nVidia video.

Just thought I'd share what fixed this for me.
Last edited by nbirdy; 03-27-2011 at 01:34 PM..