View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I romanticise the idea of beginning new because its the best time to play an mmo. The amount of enjoyment I have had out of mmo's peak with new server launches.

Populations on servers always dwindle regardless. Let me ask, what was the peak for p99 blue?
I'd guess the time around the Velious release (which supports the idea that everyone wants to try something new, but not everyone sticks around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My proposal was adding a third yellow/green/chartreuse server to compliment the other two.

I can tell my opinion isn't a popular one though, so I will just drop it. I apologize for the suggestion and will keep my ideas to myself.
To help you understand why your opinion is unpopular ...

Starting and running a server is a lot of work. Not the spinning up a new instance of EQ Emulator part: that's easy. It's the human part, having staff to support it, both with development and with customer service, which is hard.

So what you're really proposing (and I know this wasn't what you meant, but it is what you are proposing) is "hey can you people who have already put thousands of hours into supporting two servers spend hundreds more to create a fresh server, because it would be more fun for me?"

And obviously when I phrase it like that it becomes apparent why your proposal will fail. The people that are willing to volunteer their time to make classic EQ servers happen do so because they have an agenda, and that agenda is classic EverQuest. Adding some new server before the classic code is done and Green is ready is asking them to waste hundreds of hours of their time just to give you what you want.

Instead you'll have to wait until your agenda and their agenda come into alignment, ie. when Green comes out. Or you have to start your own server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.