Thread: Miscellaneous: Spirit Wracked Cords - Dropping?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scenarios
1) Spirit Wracked Cords have been in the game from Oct 11 2001 onward (or lets say March of 2015 based on the most recent allakhazam comment from live).
2) Spirit Wracked Cords were intentionally added (but undocumented via patch notes) sometime after Chardok 2.0 Revamp, but before the first reported instance of them dropping in October 2002.

Scenario #1 seems a lot more likely to me. Frankly, I feel that Kino dropping the cords was probably a mistake that never got corrected.
I'm not arguing Spirit Wracked Cords didn't exist, I'm arguing they didn't drop until after Luclin. They were a quest, and the quest was documented. There are references to people completing the quest prior to Luclin. There was an entire forum, and later an entire website, dedicated to the quest. None of that exists for the drop.

Kino's cloak was nerfed after the Chardok patch but before Luclin, if it was a mistake and they were on his loot table at that point seems like they would have noticed a random BIS item that required a lengthy quest on his loot table when they were nerfing it or at the least they would have noticed it a month later when they were altering loot across the entire zone.

Imo the likely scenario is they were introduced as a quest. Once Luclin loot was introduced making them less desirable Verant introduced them as a drop as part of their effort to make the game easier. The same reason they made Hammered Golden Loop droppable and all the other things they changed in Chardok post-Luclin.