Thread: can you imagine
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main thing that makes me want to play Everquest PvP is stories like Nath and Jeir and Blart. Unfortunately, they existed on RZ, where the majority of the population were anti-PKs like <Peace of Formosa> that didn't really seek out pvp and didn't even gear for pvp. According to these stories, only dedicated PKs would focus on magic resistance gear. Everyone else was susceptible to root and blind. These days, people that don't really love PvP just play on a blue server (me too, currently) and those that want to be PKs play on a red server...and they stack magic resistance, and they like to PK, and so on.

Therefore, there is no longer an environment like the one Nath/Jeir/Blart were in. I guess the experiences they had are impossible these days. I'm not going to be the littlest wolf trying to prey on the sheep...I'm going to be a noob against 20-year EQ pvp vets. I had fun on Red99, though. I'd give it another go on a fresh server.
Peace of Formosa/Peacebreakers was very much a PVP guild.

Only people truly good at PVP risked their gear fighting. Which is why the devs who won't implement things they can't personally handle/don't want to play don't do it here and on other servers.

As far as Jeir/Blart, I haven't checked all their stories but don't see them taking down any big names. The best take away is that pets and NPCs should be nigh immune to CC with resist buffs as NPCs typically had lower stats numerically and buffs would provide a greater effect on them.

Most ppl here would be bagged and wearing no drop.

But who cares about a classic experience?
Last edited by Nirgon; 07-30-2019 at 02:16 PM..