View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Kobold

As long as it's tradeable I would say anything should be free to loot if you aren't grouped with the party that killed it. I mean there's little excuse to not loot something before the corpse unlocks. I've been in scenarios where it's happened.. say duoing in LCY when hands trains 20 mobs on us and we have to kill them all. It happens, but super rarely and what are the odds anything meaningful drops. As for no drop stuff there is viable reasons for not instantly looting it so it should be protected by this rule.

I mean in general you could just say "don't be an asshole" but most of the players seem to be of a certain mindset. The kind of people who see some news propaganda and vocally agree with it even though they are alone in a room. It's not that I'm an advocate for ninja looting, it's just where I'm from ninjas don't sit on their hands for 2 minutes doing nothing. Just feels like a pointless rule that feels more necessary because of people acting like pricks.

But rules are rules.. you aren't supposed to loot anything you didn't kill/win. I agree with that, but we've all been in situations where the slayer wasn't around and we snagged some free loot, likewise people have taken our loot too. In the end no one really cares 'cuz no one is leaving anything worthwhile around.