View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Kobold

IMHO...

Make Jboots your number one priority as soon as your are viable to camp it in SoRo. Yes, you will see the asshat farmers, but the AC only spawns in 5 places there. Sooner or later you will get it. (Every attempt is a one-in-five chance it will spawn atop of you.)

I made it my priority asap on my main, and I never, ever regretted it. It has saved me from dying more than I can remember, and is a HUGE time-saver for travelling.

One night after running back from HG farming, I was blowing through SoRo at like 7pm gametime, and me and a level 17 were the only ones in the zone. I thought, "Screw it, I'm just gonna wait the 20 min or so and just see."

Sure enough, not one other person entered the zone, and at 9 game time, AC popped, I ran and killed it and there it was. Now I have J-Boots and an AC ring in a wrist slot, which is cool, as I had a cloth piece previously. And since I am a caster, the +5 INT and a little armor class helps.

I agree with you completely, the farmers ruin it for people that should legitamtly be able to go after it, but it is what it is, and diligence will always eventually pay off.

Just hang in there.

I feel for you, Brother!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde