View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me help you with some bard basics.

Against a caster mob you'll be casting mez, and recasting it every time its 1 second into the cast, unless the mob starts casting, in which case you finish the mez, which means 2 seconds of free dps and an interrupted spell for the caster.

Using mez / melee on caster mobs is far easier then on melee mobs, because you can interrupt a ton of the spells being cast, and there is no real downside.

Of course on every successful mez you'll be moving towards the mobs back arc, for that extra bit of dps.

Keeping a resistant mob mezzed while healing up is trivial. A succesful mez will let you get off 4 mezzes and a heal song, the chances of a mob resisting 4 mezzes in a row are low, even if that happens you skip the heal song for a 5th try. 5 resists in a row in lguk is extremely unlikely to happen.

Have fun.
keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.