View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 05:22 AM
Skeleton

Before everyone gets upset, I know that the limitations of the titanium client mean that the 'old timey' grey block classic UI with the tiny window is not possible because lots of reasons. I'm totally not asking for that. I get it will never be.

And I get that EQ had the f10 option since launch and greenUI is close to that, not arguing with that at all.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to give us an option to skin greenUI so that it uses the classic greyblock texture instead of the semi-transparent black windows?

When I first started playing I used to use the old stupid grey block, I never used the f10 UI. So when I started on green today, I was hoping to make my EQ as classic as possible within the limitations of the client. So I downloaded Wellgrims UI but all UIs installs are blocked. Fair enough.

But is there no way to just allow the 'classic-style' UI skins only while rejecting others? Like allow a small list of acceptable UIs, like Wellgrims, Mithral's or Fabbe's on EQInterface? While green is in base game phase? Probably not-- I imagine if you allow them at all you need to allow all of them but it would have been great to be able to at least use the stone textures.

Or alternatively, It'd be awesome if p1999 offered greenUI in a stone textured version somehow. I know its a lot of work and the devs have done a lot already (thanks so much, I can't imagine all the work you've done to get green running!), but maybe someone would like to try to get a stone textured version of greenUI working... like a volunteer? Nothing about greenUI would need to change beyond textures, really. I believe there is a 'texture' option in the UI already when you right click..

I feel like it would give it a more classic sense personally. I can see people seem to disagree vehemently with me, but I miss the textures. I know nothing about skinning or UI files but I could probably try to learn if there's interest in this... not sure how to get it to work though.

Just a thought, I know it probably won't be allowed/implemented, but the grey stone feels more 'classic' to me and the black detracts a bit, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your hard work. Keep it up!