View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I can't speak to what's normal (you should do a poll for that), but 15-25 seconds doesn't sound abnormal for a SATA hard drive.

As I understand it zone load times are based entirely on how fast your computer can read the zone files (on your hard drive) and then shove them into the appropriate places in-memory (in your RAM). As a result, you have essentially three options:

1. Keep your current hard drive
2. Replace your hard drive (or add a new one) that's a Solid State Drive (SSD) which can read data much faster than older SATA hard drives
3. Use a tool like RAM Disk to make a fake "hard drive" with memory; this will be the fastest option possible

Here's a random comparison I found to give you a sense of scale of three different options:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Scanning your hard disk for errors and defragmenting it might also help a little, if you really don't like options #2 or #3, but I wouldn't expect it to help that much.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-06-2018 at 02:57 PM..