View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is you’re expecting other people to subscribe to your medical beliefs. That’s the core issue. While you see vaccines as life saving and excellent preventative medicine, I see it as poison and a violation of everything I believe in. I don’t understand why you cannot take your own medicine to protect you, you need me to take it too. That’s my disconnect. By all means take whatever you want to protect you from the world, but expecting your neighbor to take your medicine too because your medicine doesn’t work unless I take it as well is completely ridiculous.
Look, if "vaccines are evil" is your religion, there's just no point in us talking about them. Same goes for any other aspect of medicine: if you believe gayness can be cured through prayer, I'm not going to convince you otherwise by showing you stats on how prayer doesn't change sexuality. I'll stick to conversing with people who do care about objective measurements of reality, the scientific method, etc.

However, I don't mean that like "you're an asshole who I don't want to talk to"! I simply mean it's a pointless activity for both of us, because nothing I or anyone else can say will make you change that faith.

It's like trying to logic someone into believing Jesus never existed: it can't be done ... because people don't believe in Jesus based on logic, they believe based on faith.

Similarly here your belief that vaccines are "poison" isn't rooted in the scientific method or anything else objective: it's part of your identity, your "tribe". Since I don't share that faith, that identity, trying to talk to each other will just mean talking past each other.. But just because we have "religious differences" on this matter doesn't mean I think you're a lesser person or someone I don't want to talk about elf sims with or anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-05-2021 at 05:58 PM..