View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Default My thoughts about what the new server should be

Most of you are assuming that it will be a new server which follows the correct timeline for patches and expansions and you're almost certainly right. I think that's probably what it will be as well.

The thing is, that seems kind of pointless to me. I mean, yes, it would be fun to have a fresh server again for a while but we all know that doesn't last. It will end up being just another blue server and do we really need two that are exactly the same?

Maybe they are going to wipe the server every time it reaches the end of the timeline and start it over again and again. I guess that would be something but I don't know how much motivation people would have to keep doing that over and over.

Honestly, I think they should take a chance on different rule sets. Try out different things and if it doesn't work wipe it and try something else. Try a team PvP server. If the population falls to a low level then wipe it.

Try a Team PvP server with a level 30 maximum level limit and you lose a level if you die to another player.

Try a vanilla blue server with custom content.

There are lots of thing that could be tried which would not require a lot of effort for the devs. Custom content of course would take some doing but a lot of other things wouldn't take a lot of work.

If they find a rule set that is popular then hey, make it permanent or wipe the current red server and change it to the new rule set.