View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted a thread with the same question a while back. I just kept going and am now in my 50s. I say, keep going. As others said, you can get high CHA with gear plus you get CHA buffs later. I am also in the camp that believes CHA is a bit overrated anyways. It helps reduce critical resists with the lull/calm line of spells, helps mezzes and charm stick (which never seem to get resisted anyway,) but has little effect on charm duration which is more related to the MR and level of the mob. I'm not saying you shouldn't strive for high CHA, but IMO HP is more important for survivability, at least early on.
Its not "more related to MR and level check"

Its literally 1% save chance on charmbreak/tick per 10 cha up to 200, and then its 1% per 11 cha up to 255.

With all things MR and Lvl-delta being equal among chanters, the difference between a 150cha (15% save check) chanter and a 255cha (25% save check) chanter means the former will fail to save on a charmbreak 40% more often than a max cha chanter succeeds at saving against a charm break.

Out in oractical terms, suppose the base chance of charmbreak is 5% with zero cha on a tashed mob 1 level below u (avg once/2minute for charmbreak)

A 25% save chance would extend your average charm duration from 120sec to 120s/.75 = 160s or 26.67ticks given the spekl itself has the duration capability to last that long.

Likewise a 15% save chance extends your 120s duration 120s/.85 =142s =23.5ticks

This has direct relevance to the mana/sec spent maintaining the charm, and everyone know mana/sec is really the only thing that matters in a long grind/crawl.
Last edited by Thorondor; 04-16-2019 at 06:33 PM..