View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Some people have the right idea... however I think the reason why people do/don't list prices is 1) very different on the forums vs. in-game/EC tunnel and 2) more about behavior.

1) I rarely sell things on the forums, but when I do they are either big ticket items, items I have had trouble selling, or large volumes/lists, where I am trying to reach outside of EC. I usually list the price so I can meet up in game quick and make the transaction.

When listing things in EC, I usually don't put a price, because I am just listing what's for sale. Usually the question is "how much for XYZ" and I reply with a reasonable price, and the sale goes through. I usually set things under wiki value to get in and out of EC. Therefore interested parties buy the items.

2) Problems arise when either the buyer or seller is cheap. A cheap buyer will whine about making an offer because they want to pay less than the approximate value. A cheap seller will be annoying with the "make an offer" so they can squeeze more money out of the buyer. All these are fine and personal decisions that affect your time spent selling/buying.

I list prices on the forums to simplify the transaction, and I usually don't list prices in EC because I am auctioning a list to see if people logged on at that specific time are interested... if no I get out of EC and try again next day or later in the week.

I value my time much more than excess plat, so I buy a little high, sell a little low, except on the big ticket items. Supply and demand weighted by cost of time spent tunnelquesting really dominates all EQ trading decisions, at least for me.