View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. You can't liberate our government from corporations and other special interests when we're fucking bickering over dumb shit like abortion, guns, and trannies. Culture war bullshit will be the death of us.
I'm half with you, but the other half is on the wrong train.

Alright. I'm a clever person, see. I'm gearing for an early retirement. I take a look around me at this corporate controlled, military-industrial 7th Fleet Is Real overenthusiastic GF routine, and I look at my cards, and I look at my prospects.

Do you know that the dollar is basically perma-locked so most of the developing world has a CoL = to 1/3 or less of our CoL?

Do you realize that, if you are a US citizen (AKA the Golden Fucking Ticket) your retirement monies are all US dollars?

Do you know this BS government of ours has signing agreements w/ over 120 governments, that US retirees monies are God On Earth and shall be obeyed?

You can rent out an entire village in the Cambodia jungle and Kurtz larp till you are truly horrified, for about 1k US a month.

You can live city center in Bogota, very safe place, for 200 US a month rent and utilities and wifi. Most any world capitol, in the developing world, has Hot Pockets and Door Dash and LPB internets.

Wake up to find out that you are the E$E$ of the world.

So lune, why so glum?