Thread: Game Mechanics: Sneak pulling revisited
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

I breezed through the earlier postings and didn't see this one... While not completely relevant from the back, seems to describe sneak being used to prevent assisting, even when used in the front. Lays out some specific rooms, I know the Tae room has some bad add potential in era (lots of wonky agro / train potential), and the posters on this site routinely leveled in CT and other such noob places (i.e. I believe puller was level appropriate, not a level 60 going at it). I'm not familiar with how the Burynai Mines are setup though to understand if single pulling would have been easy enough without sneak.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5865
12/11/2000:
Quote:
Now I've given you all the information necessary for the single pull. Let me describe the rogue implementation of this, the sneak pull.

This works best with a SoW, but I've had it work without. First, sneak up to bow range to the monster. Hide is not necessary. Because sneak reduces aggro range, even from the front, you should still not have aggroed anything. Shoot an arrow at the one you want, and immediately back off. The one you shot will come running, and if you can get far enough away before it comes and hits you and removes sneak, its friends will not. The bow works better than throwing because it lets you stay further back, but I've heard you can get this to work with throwing as well.

I have successfully used the sneak pull in Cazic-Thule at the lower Tae room and at the Burynai Mines in Frontier Mountains. I'm sure it would work in other places as well; I just never had the need.