View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only drops from Magi P'tasa which is a relatively rare spawn compared to the other minis. And since the nerf they only spawn every 3 days, probably with a variance up to 12 hours. So that's any time (up to) 24 hours before or after that 3 day mark that Magi can spawn, and only if the spawn points are kept clear. For a long time Aftermath's RMT farmer kept that place locked down and would ruthlessly train anyone who dared to put his profits at risk. He's since been banned, but it's still a rare spawn. There was a time we would go up at least once a week for, like, a year, and only saw Magi twice. Never dropped the staff. Sirfloppin's trains dropped us countless times.

There's a reason it's the rarest epic on the server*. And not only because of Aftermath's profiteering and raid destroying trains.

*maybe second to wizard because lol who plays wizards

Necro epic was rare because Slime Blood was expensive and, honestly, it's a vanity item (that my necro loves, don't get me wrong) more than anything else. Slime Blood is "cheap" now at 120 or less.

Most people resort to buying an MQ for jboots.

The Ancient Cyclops has a chance to spawn at 9pm game time every night in South Ro. There's a druid port ring in the zone. Guess what happens at 8pm every game day? There are a few notorious farmers that keep that pretty locked down, hi druins, but you can always give it a shot.

There's also the ocean of tears camp. You'll get it eventually if you spend time there, I suppose.

Oh...

well that's deeply disturbing and rather depressing. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for clearing that up. I've read the guide and already knew there would be lots of camping but was unaware of the apparently single bottleneck.

Once s week for a year. Bro that literally made my blood run cold. I want to still roll a mage but knowing the epic isn't feasible is a bit of a bummer