View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read your post loramin and I can't really nit pick. I've worked on other mediawiki, wiki's with other people and it seems like group communication never works. I'll either defer to the admin(s) of the wiki on how they want it. OR just go ahead and change a page how I want to see it/feel is best.

Ultimately it's a wiki so if a user thinks they can improve it. Go right ahead. If someone else feels it can be improved after that, they can do so. Basically there is never going to be 1 right way to do any single page.

That being said I think there are some common practices we all agree on. So long as those are met each page can be different so long as it serves the end user effectively.

---

Yes it hurts my eyes to look at. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh 100%, and I definitely don't want to "make perfection the enemy of the good" (ie. focus so much on "bike shedding" and discussing what would be best that no one ever goes and changes everything).

But at the same time, before anyone dives in and puts a lot of time into overhauling any set of pages in the wiki (tradeskill or otherwise), I don't think it's a bad idea to get some community feedback first.

Ultimately you're right: whoever feels like doing the work will get to make an "executive decision" about what they think would be best for the wiki, and that's 100% how wikis are designed to work. I just want them to have a chance to consider other viewpoints they might not have, before making any decisions (so that no one has to go in and do yet another overhaul after to fix the thing the first overhauler didn't think of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-08-2019 at 06:04 PM..