View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry but root/rot with dots is not crazy efficient, even if you're a necro using splurt, it's actually the slowest way to level a necro. Fear kiting would be a more fair comparaison where you get a lot of free damage from the pet, all the strong solo classes have a form of free damage.

Also you take the perfect scenario, where mobs are 46 or lower so you use the lvl 39 charm, you only need 1 nuke to finish each mob but in reality sometime it takes 2, that or you play risky and sometime pet will die geting you no exp. Also charm will sometime break so you have to cast expensive buffs on yourself constantly to absorb damage and that slows you down as well.
The person I quoted and theorycrafted for earlier didn't say what they meant by "efficient" so I assumed mana. Root rotting isn't time efficient, but it is mana efficient. Fear kiting is quicker, but fear+snare+multiple dots cost more. You get free damage from your pet, but you still need to out damage it for full Exp.

You might need more than one nuke/rebuff/recharm, but again I don't see it costing more than the numbers I posted earlier. I'd really dig it if someone who disagrees with me posted some kind theorycrafting/logs instead of just saying "Well what about resists/fizzles/charm breaks?" since these are all variables nobody can control. Resists/breaks happen, but I don't believe nearly as often as people are suggesting.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-16-2019 at 10:38 AM..