View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is German state news reporting the Russia Trump connection?
No, not realy.
I mean Trump is unfortunately a daily topic here in germany and the Trump Russia connection been here a "smaller" story I would say.
The main storys about Trump been so far the Muslim-ban, the wall, paris climate agreement, his healthcare plan, that he fired the FBI director and that a investigating against Trump might be the reason, and his behavior I would say. At laest in the News I am reading on daily base.

Personally, I am not very familiar with American politics, but I know that I would not like to have Trump as my president (chancellor), solely because he visits his own hotels several times as President and let taxpayers pay for it.
(I get it that its expensive to protect a President, but why does he have to vist his own Hotels? From my POV it looks like he likes to make some extra coins)

Anyways, beside that I am trying to be very neutral to american politics. "Not my country, not my porblem". But I am sometimes very interested in the american culture.

Dont get me wrong, but america is a country I can hate and love at the same time.

Few years ago Ive seen a video about the american "westboro baptist church" and their signs with "thanks god for the dead soldiers" 200meters away from a soldiers funeral.
And I was totaly shocked and thrilled at the same time.
On the one hand I was pissed that such idiots doing such horribel thing, on the other hand I was supriced how the people around them reacted.
They were pissed like me, but they let them speak. Sure, their been some people who throw paper cups at them, but overall they let them speak. That was the moment when I realized how much Americans appreciate their freedom of speech.
It was a picture of extrems Ive seen in this video. Good and bad at the same time.

And this extrem "template" is characteristic for the american culture I think.
You can be sent for 1000years+ into jail, or you can get millions as compensation.
Prostitution is not allowed, but as long you put a camera on its ok.
You can show on TV how someone gets killed, but you are not allowed to show a nipple.
You are can be released from North Korea, but you can die at home because you do not have any health insurance.
You are alllowed to sell an idiot a gun, but you have to print "coffee is hot" on the paper cups.

Know what I mean?

And right now I am very interested in the american "Trump cult & his hardcore supporters".
Its a another extrem.
The people have their reason why they support Trump, but I am fascinated about those who do it without any criticism. Like Lemmings.
I mean you can be critical with Trump and still support him, especially in "the country of free speech" right? But some of his supporters acting like they are supporting a sports team.

Anyways, I better stop here now because my english sucks and the chance to missunderstand me is high.

But thats kinda the reason why I am asking here from time to time a "no sence" question ?!