View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

The above is what I did. For my Iksar shaman I made the character a suit of full medium banded and gave it a chitin shell shield and forced it to get everything else on its own after that. After selling bone chips in field of bone to an enchanter I took the plat and ducked into City of Mist at level 14. I got a cheap springwood club and the strange clay for free.

The crushed diamonds were just sitting on their spawn point which I got at level 20-24 when I was whacking elven scouts for exp. From levels 26-30 I was killing iksar near the trak's teeth zone in swamp of no hope and occasionally I would do a /who in TT for high level trackers. I would advertise that I would pay 150pp for some shaman powder and I got a taker who got me some.

At level 39 I walked into Karnor's and spent all of 25 minutes waiting for the bone fragment drop with a group working the room. I got a jarsath wristband at the same time and gated out.

Is the spell worth it? Since I'm rocking some pretty good wisdom (200), +HP and +mana gear, yeah, it is. When you're working with much larger health and mana pools over what classic pre kunark EQ would offer for a character, being able to take a bigger and more efficient bite out of your health for mana is extremely nice. If we were on pre Kunark then I don't think it would matter for a level 50 shaman at all.